|Personal website of ....
Casper ter Kuile
Some details of the observations:
- Date and time: 31 december 2008 at 10:25 MET
- Location: De Bilt, the Netherlands
- Weatherconditions: clear (no high, middle or low cloudcover) but haze and a small amout of mist is present
- Temperature: around -5 or -6 degrees Celcius
- The mist is condensing into tiny icecristals and/or iceneedles which are slowly drifting to the ground
- The sunrays are reflecting by the cristals and showing all colors of the rainbow
- Left, right and above the sun showing arcs caused by the diamond dust particles
- Equipment: Canon Digital Ixus 850
The observations itself:
- Diamond Dust captured on film on 31 december 2008 from De Bilt.
- Left arc caused by diamond dust on 31 december 2008.
- Right arc caused by diamond dust on 31 december 2008.